Friday, April 1, 2011

Second Start

Okay, we start over...

After working for 5 months to start a business, off and on, with two guys who weren't sufficiently motivated, one quit for personal reasons and the other got laid off so he can help start the business with more of his home-time, between looking for a job.

So what happens when we are 5 minutes from going to production?

This guy (a devote church goer and boy scout leader) refuses to move the equipment to my empty house that we have long decided would be our first offices. He refuses to put his constantly barking dogs outside so we can work in relative peace. He refuses to ask his teenage kid to turn off the loud rap music blaring in the same room. He refuses to ask his kid to stop playing video games at full volume in the same room. (He did turn on a light so we can see - I'll give him that much.)

On top of that he refuses to write original software. He keeps insisting that he can use stolen software from his last job. I keep insisting that we cannot use stolen software. He keeps insisting that he cannot work on Sundays because he is Mormon, but he keeps saying I should call in sick to my paying job and work with him on the software. So I should dis my boss and job, but he won't work on Sunday?

No comments:

Post a Comment